VIDEO TUTORIAL AT THE END OF THE POST!
I actually did these nails about 5 months ago, when I first received this file as a sample of things to come at Nail Care HQ. They are now available for purchase in red and a gorgeous deep ruby colour!
I started off with a glossy version of this mani, but then made it matte to match the sleek look of the nail file. Making them matte actually ended up enhancing the imperfections in my clear-to-red gradient, so, boo. Any gradient that involves clear is quite tricky, but I found it was even trickier with this red polish than it was with black polish as I've done in this tutorial with a pink holo topper.
|I swear by this nail oil for nail length and strength!|
Gah, gradient imperfections! *hides face behind hands and shakes head*
For tips on how NOT to have your gradient look like this - when using coloured polishes - check out my Gradient Guide.
SEE MY NAIL CARE ROUTINE:
Visit my linked page on nail care on everything from cuticle care to nail polish removal here.
1MIN OR LESS VIDEO TUTORIAL:
(see also 15sec version on Instagram)
Buy this red gradient glass nail file here!
- Revlon 'Clear' (not a top coat - just a clear polish, topcoats are generally much thicker and would be harder to blend)
- Sally Hansen 'Crushed' (sheer orange-red)
- Revlon 'Fire fox' (matte red)
- Color Club 'Berry and bright' (red shimmer)
- Essie 'Matte about you' (matte top coat - optional, pictured above)