FUN Lacquer will be restocking this limited edition and exclusive collection TOMORROW, Thursday, October 9th at 11:30AM EST / 11:30PM SGT. Get 'em quick cause I am quite positive that all those who bear witness to the entrancing effects of these polishes will flood the servers and raid the inventory within minutes of launch.
Check out my holo porn promo video on Instagram!
Oh ma gawd, I know you're dying already to get to the individual polish shots, but first let me tantilize your senses with some collection pics.
|Macro all the polish brushes!
Before we dive right in, here's a quick synopsis of what the heck is actually in these polishes, why it seems there are two of the same colours, and what the (H) beside the polish name means.
As pictured below, for the three core coloured polishes, each has a holo glitter version, meaning it is composed of solely holo glitter pieces in a clear jelly. These are the polishes without the (H), because essentially BOTH versions are composed of the same holo glitter, but the (H) versions have added scattered tiny holo particles (essentially a holo jelly) in the mix. It really depends on the look you're going for. The non-(H) versions have a stronger colour impact because they are less clouded by the holo jelly, but the (H) versions give off a completely different slick rainbow effect under the right light angles. Whatever you're in the mood for, these holo glitters are bound to give you HGDD.
Swatch conditions overview:
- For all the swatches, I applied one even coat with the brush followed by one coat using my makeup sponge technique to maximize glitter payoff. For this reason I didn't need to use a coloured base coat. Just 100% pure glitter coverage, hells yea!
- All shots were photographed indoors under 2x 5800k compact fluorescent bulbs, never with camera flash.
- I used OPI's peel off base coat for easy glitter removal after each swatch, and kept my cuticles nice and supple with my favourite cuticle and nail oil.
- One coat of Sally Hansen's diamond shine top coat on all nails.
- The glitter gradient accent nails were created with Love, Angeline's fish scale nail shields, with Cult Nails' 'Nevermore' (my fav black creme) as the base, and of course facilitated with the help of my fav quick dry top coat before applying the nail shield, HK Girl by Glisten & Glow. (see this glitter gradient video tutorial here!)
First up is Pay Day (H), which is a re-release of Pay Day sans holo jelly. This polish is different from the rest in the collection because it is composed of tiny silver foil flakies that together form a foil-like film on your nails. Add some holo jelly to the mix and BAM SHINY DISCO BALLS.
I really have nothing to say different about any of these polishes, they are all equally excellent in formula and application, I just love them ALL.
Next I've got Million Dollar Dream (H), an intense gold holo glitter in a holo jelly. Depending on the lighting the gold becomes more intense, so that's why there's some colour variation in the photos.
Next up, it's holo-glitter-only counterpart, Million Dollar Dream (no holo). To me the colour gold is a bit more intense than the (H) version because it's not clouded by holo jelly.
Here's Prima Donna (H). I don't think this colour pink looks particularily great on my skin tone (kind of makes my skin colour look weird, but it's still damn pretty.) It's a soft or baby/pastel pink holo glitter with scattered holo jelly.
Now for Prima Donna's sans-holo-jelly version! This pink does translates a touch more intense/saturated in this polish than the holo version. Pretty much wish I had this as a kid and I would have slathered my Barbie dream home in it.
And evidently, its turquoise sans-holo-jelly counterpart, partner in teal crimes everywhere, Secret. My favourite in the collection cause it's just SO INTENSE. AND I LOVE LOVE TEAL.
Now that you're all hopped up on holo porn, head on over to FUN Lacquer and pick some up for yourself!
Restock: Thursday, October 9th at 11:30AM EST / 11:30PM SGT
Be there or be square, and no holo!!