This week's weekly nail art challenge (co-hosted by Kristin of Lacquerstyle and Tracey of @missbellatracey on Instagram) is all about galaxies, and the theme is matte. Normally I throw rave parties over matte flakies, but I think I have succumbed to the glossy version on this one!! I know I know, "matte all the flakies" lovers everywhere are crying.
VIDEO TUTORIAL AT THE END OF THE POST!
I used two of the new ILNP ultra-chrome flakies in this mani (Neon Rosebud and Atlantic), neither of which I have swatched yet, teehee - that's just me getting ahead of myself and jumping right into nail art.
And now, for the metafiction using my fav matte topcoat, Essie's 'Matte about you':
What do you like better, glossy or matte?
I gotta say overall the matte ones give the flakies SO MUCH DIMENSION IT'S LIKE I'M ACTUALLY IN OUTER SPACE but they make it look cloudy, and space isn't cloudy... is it?
1MIN OR LESS VIDEO TUTORIAL:
(see also 15sec version on Instagram)
You can grab your own ILNP flakies from ILNP's store!
- Cult Nails 'Nevermore' (black creme)
- OPI (crap I can't remember and I'm in a rush right now... but it's purple)
- Ozotic '901 sugar' (iridescent pink shimmers)
- ILNP 'Neon rosebud' (pink ultra-chrome flakies)
- ILNP 'Atlantis' (indigo-blue ultra-chrome flakies)
- Essie 'Matte about you' topcoat (optional)
- White acrylic paint