I don't have a video tutorial for this mani given that it was done so long ago, before I began dedicating my life to nail tutorials obviously. But it is a combination of three different things:
- Base gradient of yellow to orange using a make up sponge (see my Gradient Guide here)
- Use a sea foam sponge technique (see video below) to create the irregular creepy-looking clouds, here I'd used a mix of nail polish and acrylic paint and basically just kept building up layers until I was happy with the effect achieved
- Paint on black silhouettes with acrylic paint using a small detail brush (mine wasn't very small then, was it?)
It's the same idea/sponge concept applied to create these purple clouds, which is more similar to the blue clouds seen in this Halloween mani.
What mediocre hand-posing, photography, and nail appearance I know! It's like I'm an amateur or something :| Just goes to show how far practice and learning from others goes!
- China Glaze 'Sun worshipper' (neon yellow-orange)
- Essie 'Meet me at sunset' (orange creme)
- Maybelline 'Styled out' (navy blue creme)
- Colors by Llarowe 'Twinkle, twinkle, little star' (dark blue jelly with micro silver glitters)
- Black and white acrylic paints