I saw this design done by McKenna's nails on instagram (I don't believe she has a blog, but please let me know if I'm mistaken) and I just about died of nail polish design happiness. It was an absolute must-re-create because of its simplicity yet stunning BAM IN YOUR FACE effect, like I already explained in the paragraph above. Oh and it's reminiscent of a spring that's just not happening yet.
First off here's my version with the nailspiration:
I chose to use slightly different pastel neons (decided to go a bit more lime and a bit less blue) and flipped the triangle design. Both mine and McKenna's manis are mattified here.
And here's my original rendition, with shiny top coat which brings out the neon a bit more:
Here's the mani with a matte topcoat again. I think I prefer it matte. It just works so well with the warm nude offsetting the soft neons... la la la obviously you agree with me. The matte version was a lot harder to photograph. The photos would only show contrast between the neons and the nude sides when my nails were under serious shade.
MMmm springtime manis, mmmm yeah!
- OPI 'My vampire is buff' (the best neutral ivory ever)
- Sephora X 'Over the top' (soft cool lime green)
- Charlotte Russe 'Pastel SP09 NAI' (mystery sweet minty polish with pearlescent pink shimmer - see my previous post for my rant on how sad I am that I cannot source this polish anywhere on the inter webs)
- Nails inc. 'Chelsea physic garden' (baby blue)
- Seche White (undercoat, not pictured)