VIDEO TUTORIAL AT THE END OF THE POST!
The irregular-placed right angle design was inspired by @madamluck on Instagram. She's a prolific swatcher, stamper and free-hand nail artist but the occasional nail vinyl looks she comes up with are equally as epic! The flakie-puke-fest on top was inspired by the dark sparkly corners of my mind.
Looks like foil, but it ain't foil!!!
|Different sized right angle nail vinyls available from www.nailvinyls.com|
1MIN OR LESS VIDEO TUTORIAL:
(see also 15sec version on Instagram)
Key notes from this tutorial:
- I always use HK Girl top coat by Glisten & Glow and let dry for a full 15min before applying nail vinyls
- Liquid Palisade from Kiesque is the purplish liquid I use to easily clean up the flakie sponging mess. It dries in less than a minute after application and comes off in one quick pull when ready!
- The flakie sponging technique is the same logic as my glitter payoff with a sponge method - the sponge absorbs excess polish jelly leaving more glitter or flakies behind for a smoother application!
- Right angle nail vinyls (green stickers) are from www.nailvinyls.com
- Revlon 'Urban' (indigo crelly)
- ILNP 'Gaia' (blue-green ultra-chrome flakie, see swatches and review of all 6 here)
- ILNP 'Electric carnival' (red-yellow ultra-chrome flakie)
- ILNP 'Luna' (purple-blue ultra-chrome flakie)
- ILNP 'Supernova' (green-purple ultra-chrome flakie)
- ILNP 'Phoenix' (orange-purple ultra-chrome flakie)
- ILNP 'Success' (green-purple ultra-chrome flakie)
*ILNP ultra-chrome flakies, liquid palisade, and nail vinyls were provided to me by ILNP, Kiesque and Nail Vinyls, respectively, for my impartial review.