I used the infamous Color Club holos I got from Live Love Polish - their selection of these is unreal!!! HOLOSS 4 LIFE.
VIDEO TUTORIAL RIGHT HERE RIGHT NOW ↓!
3MIN OR LESS VIDEO TUTORIAL:
(see also 15sec version on Instagram... but it may not make any sense.)
So clearly I had to break my 1min or less tutorial rule cause no one would understand what the hell I did. Essentially it's a scaled gradient first (two vertical adjacent gradients), followed by a reciprocal gradient on each respective gradient. So you could think about it as dividing the nail in half and then treating it as two nails on which you do the exact same reciprocal gradient. Kind of a mind fuck I know, THAT'S THE POINT :D
This took me about 4 hours if you cut out the time I spent being sidetracked with making holo porn and whatever. It took so long because I waited a long time between layers after applying topcoat to make sure it was completely dry before applying nail vinyls. Don't wanna mess this crazypiece up and have to redo a nail!!
- Color Club holos from Live Love Polish (Kismet, Cosmic Fate, Miss Bliss, Eternal Beauty, Angel Kiss)
- Floss Gloss 'Black holy' from Live Love Polish
- Simply Peel latex barrier from Nail Care HQ
- Nail vinyls straights
- HK Girl quick dry top coat by Glisten & Glow
- Cosmetic makeup sponges (latex-free) from my local drug store
Personally I think the thumb turned out the best! I guess it's cause I had more room to play :)
|Simply Peel cuticle protector for easy post-gradient clean up!|
|All the Color Club holos come out to play!|
- Color Club 'Angel kiss' (light blue/aqua linear holo)
- Color Club 'Eternal beauty' (purple linear holo)
- Color Club 'Miss bliss' (pink linear holo)
- Color Club 'Cosmic fate' (copper/orange linear holo)
- Color Club 'Kismet' (lime green linear holo)
*Polishes were provided by Live Love Polish for my impartial review and Live Love Polish compensated this post. Nail vinyls were provided by Nail Vinyls for my impartial review. Simply Peel was provided by Nail Care HQ for my impartial review.