|You can see the original IG collab post and response here|
Here's my solo shot:
Doing this mani was bittersweet because I was happy to be doing a mani dedicated to cats, but sad because of the reason behind it.
I started off with a white basecoat. Then I added a gradient using a creme yellow, pastel blue, and two blue holo polishes. I handpainted on the kitty silhouettes with a nail art brush by Quo by Orly, which is an exclusive Canadian line sold in Shoppers Drug Marts, and made by Orly (obviously). See pics of the brush below.
So my thumb finger was a fail... it looks like a rat. Woops.
Also of note: That one glitter on the middle finger that appears to be larger than the others is in fact a glitter that was fished out of Essie's 'on a silver platter'. I wanted it to serve as the one moon in the sky above the kitties.
- Acrylic paint (black)
- Painted Polish 'Buzzed on blue' (blue jelly with holo glitters, see more here)
- A England 'Tristam' (navy blue holo)
- Nails Inc. 'Chelsea physic garden' (baby blue creme)
- Deborah Lippmann 'Build me up buttercup' (pale yellow creme)
- Pure Ice 'Superstar' (white basecoat)