The base polish and the two striper polishes I used to create this look are all products included in my 10k followers on Instagram celebatory giveaway, which you can enter to win if you have an Instagram account, see giveaway rules etc. here.
VIDEO TUTORIAL AT THE END OF THE POST!
Here's a somewhat behind the scene shot cause I laughed when I saw it. This is how I take my double-hand pics, I hold a foam board between my hands and my body with my mouth :D
1 MIN OR UNDER VIDEO TUTORIAL:
(see also 15sec version on Instagram)
The video should be pretty self-explanatory, but here's the abbreviated steps:
- Apply base polish. Here I used four coats of the purple jelly.
- Use black striping polish to draw a loop with two swift paint brush swooshes in the centre of the corner of the nail.
- Add two more loops on either side of the center loop.
- Use white striping polish to outline the inside of one of the loop walls, on each of the three loops.
- Get your gems ready by laying them out on a flat surface, dab a bit of top coat or clear polish on the end of a dotting tool, and pick up the gem.
- Top coat one nail and promptly place three gems down in the corner of the loops where they gather. Repeat for all nails, ensuring that you are working quickly once you've applied top coat to the nail. Some people use nail glue instead of just top coat to stick the gem to the nail, but I didn't care how long it lasted since I knew I'd be doing my nails soon anyway :D
- Quo by Orly 'Purple magic' (pink-purple jelly with bluish shimmer and flecks)
- Quo by Orly Instant Artist 'Black' (black striper)
- Quo by Orly Instant Artist 'White' (white striper)