I wore this look for a week at the office and no one told me I was fired. Therefore, you too can wear neon at work. But for real though, I am of the opinion that you can mix nude and neon (at least a lemon-lime neon) and pull it off, assuming it compliments your awesome personality.
VIDEO TUTORIAL AT THE END OF THE POST!
These next pics were taken in the shade, with natural light. Notice how the neon pops but it alters the colour of my skin to kind of weird and fleshy. Well, yes, I am composed of flesh, but the reds pop out more.
1 MIN OR LESS VIDEO TUTORIAL:
(see also 15sec version on Instagram)
How I executed this mani:
- Two coats of nude polish as base
- Apply quick-dry top coat (I use Glisten & Glow's HK Girl top coat), let dry
- Apply striping tape in double-x pattern near tips
- Sponge on two layers of gradient by applying the polish to a make-up sponge (refer to video)
- Remove striping tape promptly
- Final top coat and bat those fingers around at the office!
- OPI 'Life gave me lemons' (neon lemon-lime creme)
- OPI 'My vampire is buff' (nude creme)