Yesterday's post was my first attempt at galaxy nails, but I originally went into this mani thinking that I would paint an Earth somewhere for Nailpolis' Earth Day nail art challenge. It didn't turn out as I'd envisioned, which is the case for more mani's that I can count :|
But good news is that while I was painting this mani a better idea for Earth Day popped into my head... you'll see that one up in a few!
The Earth was painted with acrylic paints (white, green, blue) and then the continents on the Earth were topped with some green pixie dust for added texture and some Ozotic blue sugar on the water. Can you guess which continent/countries are featured?
- Zoya Pixie Dust 'Chita' (green textured)
- Ozotic 'Sugar 903' (iridescent blue topper)
- Nicole by OPI 'Make u smile' (silver glitters)
- Nars 'Night breed' (black with micro silver glitter used as galaxy base)
- piCture pOlish 'Altered state' (needs no explanation)
- L'Oreal 'Hidden gems' (turquoise micro glitter)
- Color Club 'Editorial' (gold to green duochrome)
- Quo by Orly 'Kaleidoscope haze' (purple, gold and red glitters)
- Orly 'Pointe blanche' (white, not pictured)