In order to execute this mani these were the steps I took:
1) Paint 3 coats of lime green as base, let dry.
2) Using striping tape, make shape of large triangle and fill in with grey polish, remove tape, let dry.
3) Matte top coat! This actually ended up sinking the grey into the green, turning the otherwise cool grey into a more warm green-grey. But hey, I didn't mind! Let dry.
4) Using striping tape, make shape of smaller triangle within first triangle. Fill in with a generous coat of textured polish, remove tape, let dry.
5) No top coat here! This is in order to keep the matte base colours and leave the textured polish pretty and shiny as is. If I'd matte top-coated the whole mani, the textured polish would have sunken in and it's shine would have left the building. Surprisingly I had no chips at all for four days even without a 'real' top coat.
|Oh hey there Menchie... how'd this get in here?|
- Sephora Formula X 'Sci-fi' (mint green textured)
- Sephora Formula X 'Extraordinary' (grey creme)
- Sephora Formula X 'Over the top' (lime green creme)
- Revlon matte topcoat (not pictured)