This mani marks my first ever galaxy nail art. I have no idea why I didn't attempt this earlier, as it's basically a cluster f**k of sexy colour-shifting and glittery polishes that I generally drool over. More than one crazy sparkly polish in ONE mani? Oh, there is a heaven.
Many before me have done galaxy nail art. Some of my favourites include the Nailasaurus, Chalkboard Nails, and the Nail Polish Challenge, but my all time favourite is hands down Wondrously Polished's galaxy mani representing five different nebulas. Crazy amazing.
Okay I'm not going to lie - these don't really look like galaxies. Next time I attempt this I think I'll actually follow a tutorial... there's not supposed to be a calculated method to galaxy nails but there actually should be. I used a sponge that was too large, I didn't allow for enough clustering and saturation of colour, and my stars look like seagull shit. Woops.... there's always a next time.
- Nars 'Night breed' (black with tons of silver micro glitter - used for base)
- piCture pOlish 'Altered state' (needs no explanation)
- L'Oreal 'Hidden gems' (turquoise micro glitter)
- Color Club 'Editorial' (gold-green duochrome)
- Quo by Orly 'Kaleidoscope haze' (purple, gold and red glitters)
- Nicole by OPI 'Make u smile' (silver glitters)
- Orly 'Pointe blanche' (white, not pictured)