To do this mani I first painted two thin coats of white polish as a base. I did this instead of a navy blue base (which might be most intuitive given that the majority of the nail ends up being navy blue) in order to provide a light base for the red and yellow polish which wouldn't have come through nice and bright over a navy blue base.
Next I taped off horizontal stripes using medium-sized nail vinyls to paint in the four lines of navy blue across the nail. Once I removed the tape, I filled in the yellow, red, and green with a small paint brush to save time, instead of re-taping over the blue then layering on the colours. This resulted in the lines being a tad imperfect, but hey, I was starting to feel meh about this mani.
- Orly 'Pointe blanche' (white base)
- Maybelline Color Show 'Fierce n' tangy' (bright yellow)
- Essie 'Forever yummy' (bright red)
- Seche 'Versatile' (green)
- Seche 'Wonderfully witty' (navy blue)