To do this mani I painted my nails a base coat of bright white, 2 coats, then let dry. Then I took a triangle make-up sponge and dabbed on the colours to blend them into each other. I let my nails dry in between coats, and I believe I ended up doing 4 coats of dabbing for maximum neon-ness. I did not apply a traditional top coat, but rather a clear 'natural' polish as I find this helps the blending process without adding a thick top layer (you'll see in my next post why I didn't want to do that... yes... this mani is actually the beginning of another, what else is new).
This was shot with my arm in front of the indirect light, so think 2x the shade. The neon really pops in the shade:
- China Glaze 'Sun worshiper' (neon yellow-orange)
- Nails Inc. 'Portobello' (neon orange-coral)
- Orly 'Hot shot' (neon pink-red)
- Finger Paints 'Pop art purple' (neon fuschia-purple)
- Orly 'Pointe blanche' (white used as base coat, not pictured - oops)